Author Archives: Hugh Crowl
The Fall Weekend observing scheduled to happen tonight (Friday, September 27) will go on as scheduled, starting at 8pm. It looks to be a beautiful night; hope to see you out there!
Our observing night with the Bennington Free Library originally scheduled for tonight (9/24) has been postponed until tomorrow (9/25). The skies look very promising, so we hope to see you all at 7:30pm tomorrow!
Because of cloudy weather (and a cloudy forecast for tomorrow), we have decided to delay the observing night we originally scheduled with the Bennington Free Library until September. We will plan on observing Tuesday, September 24, starting at 7:30pm (with … Continue reading
Observing with the Bennington Free Library tomorrow! Tuesday, August 6 at 8:45pm, with a “cloud date” of Wednesday, August 7 at 8:45pm. As always, observing is weather-dependent, so check back here after 5pm on the 6th to see if we … Continue reading
The weather looks great for observing tonight, July 9, 2019. We’ll start in the Dickinson Science Building, Room 232 (#4 on the campus map) at 8:30pm, then walk down to the observatory together. Hope to see you tonight!
While Stickney Observatory is closed for most of the summer, we will have two special viewing opportunities this summer, in collaboration with our local libraries and the Universe of Stories summer reading program. On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 8:30pm … Continue reading
The full schedule for Spring, 2019 public observing nights will be posted here soon. Our first night of the Spring term will be Wednesday, February 27, 2019, starting at 7pm. Hope to see you out there!
Stickney Observatory is closed over Bennington’s winter break. We will re-open again in late February. Keep an eye on our schedule page for our Spring 2018 observing schedule in the next couple weeks.
We’re canceling observing tonight (Saturday, October 7) due to a cloudy forecast. The next chance to observe is Wednesday, October 11 at 7:30pm. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.
Family Weekend observing is cancelled for tonight, Friday, October 6 due to clouds. We’ll try again tomorrow night, Saturday, October 7! Check back here after 5pm on Saturday to see if we’ll be able to observe!