We have set the nights for observing for the Spring term. The scheduled observing nights are:
- Thursday, March 16 at 8:00pm
- Thursday, March 30 at 8:00pm
- Wednesday, April 5 at 8:30pm
- Thursday, April 20 at 8:30pm
- Wednesday, May 3 at 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 18 at 9:00pm
- Wednesday, May 31 at 9:30pm
Hope to see you out at one or more of the observing nights! Remember that observing can only happen if it’s clear, so make sure to check back here (or on Twitter: @StickneyObs) on the evening of observing.
Stickney observatory is currently closed for the Winter, but we will re-open for public observing in early March. Check back here during late February for details!
The clouds (and, perhaps, rain) make observing tonight impossible (9/23). Tomorrow (Saturday, 9/24) looks a lot better. Check back here after 5pm on Saturday to be sure we’ll be out there, but it is forecasted to be a crisp, clear night.
Below is the observing schedule for the Fall 2016 term. Remember that observing can only happen if it’s clear, so make sure to check back here (or on Twitter: @StickneyObs) on the evening of observing. The nights for the Spring are:
- Thursday, October 6 at 7:30pm
- Thursday, October 20 at 7:00pm
- Thursday, November 3 at 7:00pm
- Thursday, November 10 at 7:00pm
- Thursday, December 1 at 7:00pm
We do not have any planned observing nights over the summer. Check this space in early September for observing dates for the Fall term.
The sky is clear, so we will have observing tonight, starting at 8:30!
Below is the observing schedule for the Spring 2016 term. Remember that observing can only happen if it’s clear, so make sure to check back here (or on Twitter: @StickneyObs) on the evening of observing. The nights for the Spring are:
- Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 7:30pm
- Wednesday, March 16 at 2016, 8:00pm
- Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 8:30pm
- Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 8:30pm
- Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 9:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 9:00pm
- Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 9:00pm
There will be no public observing over the winter field work term break. Observing will resume after the spring term starts. Check back here in late February for details of the Spring observing schedule.
We are currently working on the schedule for Fall 2015 Public Observing. Check back here soon for the latest information!
The skies are predicted to be beautifully clear tonight (September 26), so Family Weekend Observing is on as scheduled. We will be observing starting at 9pm tonight at Stickney Observatory.